On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 23:39:33 -0600, Jon Keating <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote :

> On Sunday 12 January 2003 05:03 am, Jeremy Tan wrote:
> > I still can't figure out where the problems lies. Any help will be
> > greatly appreciated. Thanks!
>
> This may be fixed soon if it was working properly in 1.2.0a.

Hi!

I finally found out where the problem lies. It lies with one of the
IceWM config file provided by Debian. The problem lies in the the
winoptions file. Here are the default configurations for licq:

MainWindow.licq.allWorkspaces: 1
MainWindow.licq.ignoreQuickSwitch: 1
MainWindow.licq.ignoreWinList: 1
MainWindow.licq.layer: Desktop

As you can see, the option for setting the layer that the LICQ window
will be placed at is at the Desktop. This is what causes the window to
appear under other windows. I changed "MainWindow.licq.layer:" to
Normal and the window appeared properly after that. Not sure why it
happens on 1.2.3 only and not 1.2.0a. Wierd eh?

Anyway, I'm writing this email just to keep you guys informed and
possibly help anyone who happen to have the same problem as me and is
browsing the archive for clues on how to solve it.

--
Thanks and best regards,

Jeremy Tan