On Sunday 09 February 2003 04:54, John H. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My workstation is behind a NAT router which is connected to my dsl. I would
> like to be able to send files through licq, and I noticed that under the
> network settings, you can specify what port range to use. I set up port
> forwarding on my NAT router for my workstation using ports 31000-30000.
> Whenever I try to send a file, licq will pick a port at random, usually
> outside of the range I specified. One time it will pick a port in the 20000
> range, another time it will pick a port in the 35000 range. Is there any
> way I can restrict the ports to use for file transfer or is this a broken
> feature?

As far as i can see my licq is always listening inside the port range which i
specified in the options dialog.
This corresponds to the settings in ~/.licq/licq.conf:
TCPEnabled = 1
TCPPortsLow = 30000
TCPPortsHigh = 31000

with "netstat -anp | grep licq" you can see on which ports licq is listening.

It should work. Which Version of Licq are you using?

Thomas