Aaron, qt tried to compile with your suggestion. It took a while (not sure
how long since I went to bed hehe) even on a PowerBook G4 1 Ghz with 512
MB of RAM. :P

The result was still a show stopper (I hope this is enough paste from the
end):

ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _glGetColorTableEXT
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib(gll_api.o)

definition of _glGetColorTableEXT
/usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.dylib(dri_dispatch.o) definition of
_glGetColorTableEXT
ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _glGetColorTableParameterfvEXT
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib(gll_api.o)

definition of _glGetColorTableParameterfvEXT
/usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.dylib(dri_dispatch.o) definition of
_glGetColorTableParameterfvEXT
ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _glGetColorTableParameterivEXT
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib(gll_api.o)

definition of _glGetColorTableParameterivEXT
/usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.dylib(dri_dispatch.o) definition of
_glGetColorTableParameterivEXT
ld: Undefined symbols:
_dlclose
_dlopen
_dlsym
make[2]: *** [../lib/libqt.dylib.3.1.1] Error 1
make[1]: *** [sub-src] Error 2
make: *** [init] Error 2

Aaron, did you get this too?
--
"PLEASE tell your aardvark that I'm NOT an anthill!" --unknown
  /\___/\