On Sunday 28 September 2003 08:15, Astarot wrote:
> Well, i've been trying to configure it with ./configure qiute long.
>
> My QT version is 3.0, system is Debian 3.0, libqt3-dev is installed also.
> It was everything OK with licq itself, but troubles started when I've tried
> to install the QT plugin...
>
> First I had to write manually, where are x-libraries, x-includes, qt
> qt-includes and qt-libraries situated... It looked quite funny, when
> program which is being run from xterm, offers me to install X-Windows ;)
> And now configuration stops on string "Checking if your QT is >= 2.1.xxx -
> no :-(" or
> something of that kind :(
>
> What's my problem? What should I do to run your program, which seems to be
> so pretty and useful?

This is a pretty well known bug in Debians package management of the QT
libraries :-(

You have to remove and reinstall all QT-packages. First find all QT packages:

dpkg -l | grep -i qt

then make "apt-get remove xxx" for each found package.
After you removed them all, please run

apt-get install libqt3-mt
apt-get install libqt3-mt-dev
apt-get install libqt3
apt-get install libqt3-dev

After doing all this, licq should find all QT related stuff.

Hope this helps.

Thomas

--
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]