Hi All!

I'm sorry I might sound a bit lame, that's because I'm pretty newb to the
Linux (sorry 'bout that). I hope any of you will be able to answer some of
my
questions.

As a matter of fact I used a bit of UNIX and a lot of Win untill today, so
that's my backgound.

What I'd like to do is to install som kind of ICQ client on my Linux staton,
where I have a mere user account (not the root), I have a RedHat Linux
(I'd be happy to tell you the version, if I could find it, anywhere) and I
use
a KDE desktop (no idea about the version either, just tell me where to find
it).

Running around and trying to find some icq for my station I stumbled upon
some
possible clients, 1 of them is the Licq. It's harder for me to manually
compile the files (but I will, if I have to), and I tried to d/l the rpm
file
from the "download" section. When I try to unpack it usind Kpack I get
the "password" question, which, ofcause, I don't know.

So these are my questions:
1) How to install the Licq on my station
2) What's the password (if I need it at all)
3) Do I have to have root access for that?

Please don't get upset by my mail, I did read the FAQ and the README
didn't find any passwords in there (reasonably enough).

Thank's in advnace, and please answer me at least something, RTFM is better
then just "ingnoring" (I donno, just point me to the right page at FM)

Regards
--
Dtft

"'Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?'
`That depends a good deal on where you want to get to,' said the Cat.
`I don't much care where--' said Alice.
`Then it doesn't matter which way you go,' said the Cat.
`--so long as I get somewhere,' Alice added as an explanation.
`Oh, you're sure to do that,' said the Cat, `if you only walk long enough.'
"