On Friday 13 February 2004 12:57, Mark Veinot wrote:
> Thre's nothing on my system that's changed recently except for upgrading QT
> to 3.3 and KDE to 3.2, however when I try to compile the Licq daemon (so,
> KDE and QT shouldn't even be a factor, right) I get pages and pages of
> lines like the following when it tries to link the object files:
>
> file.o: In function `std::lexicographical_compare(char const*, char const*,
> char
>  const*, char const*)':
> file.o(.text+0xa10): multiple definition of
> `std::lexicographical_compare(char c

Unfortunately this information is not useful, we need the output of the first
error, what you pasted are inherited errors of the first one.
So please paste the output of the last working compilation line and some
following lines with the initial error message. The important lines must
contain the file and the line number where the first error occurs!

> Also, the link command includes the symbol @LTLIBINTL@, which I have to
> remove to get the link process to try at all. Shouldn't that get replaced
> by the actual -llib parameter?

It should do so.
I need to know your versions of autoconf, automake and gettext to fix this
problem (it's been introduced by my latest gettext-support to the daemon).

Bye,
Thomas

--
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]