I thought perhaps the poster was using Debian, that's what I use.
I had the same problems with "Woody" because some of the QT-related stuff was
broken, but I am able to compile and use the KDE plugin under "Sarge".  I also
upgraded KDE to the version in "Sarge".

This is the QT stuff I have installed, along with KDE 3.2 from "Sarge":

ii  libqt3-compat- 3.2.3-2        Qt 1.x and 2.x compatibility includes
ii  libqt3-headers 3.2.3-2        Qt3 header files
ii  libqt3-mt-dev  3.2.3-2        Qt development files (Threaded)
ii  libqt3c102-mt  3.2.3-2        Qt GUI Library (Threaded runtime version)

--
Andrew