Stefan Haun wrote:
<snip>
> An ad-hoc solution to test the idea could be a spectial frontend plugin
> which acts as a backend server and some backend which receives data and
> passes it to the real frontend. But before starting something like this,
> I would like to hear what you think about the idea at all.
>
> Would it be useful for anybody else but me? Did I miss something in my
> idea? Or, maybe, is there a solution I haven't found yet?

If I've understood you corretly, the RMS plugin deals with what you've
described? It is possible to start licq with only the rms plugin (which
isn't really a 'frontend' plugin, so just runs as a daemon). You (or
another frontend) can then telnet to the RMS plugin, login and then you
have a whole lot of functionality.

I think that so far the only 'frontend' which really utilises the RMS
plugin is licqweb - http://whatsbeef.net/philip/licqweb/ - it allows you
to access your licq daemon from anywhere with a browser. It only has basic
functionality at the moment but I plan to add a whole lot to it one day
(when I have time).

If you only want to be able to use the kde-gui or other 'frontend' gui
remotely, I think this would require a fair bit of work, and probably not
worth it.

Cheers,
Philip