I would document it on the Wiki. I think the yuicompressor has an "excludes"
property that you can use to tell it not to try to compress your XML file.
Try adding this to the "configuration" element of the compressor plugin:

      <excludes>
        <exclude>*.xml</exclude>
      </excludes>

Also, what was the point of that whole XML chunk for resources? I just added
a test.xml file to src/main/resources and it copied over fine...

Derek