On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 12:29 PM, Charles F. Munat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> That worked. Thanks!
>
> (And I like List(x,y) better than the x :: y syntax anyway.)

Scalac looks only at the right-most element when type inferencing the a :: b
:: c :: Nil statement where it looks at all the elements in List(a,b,c)  It
usually doesn't matter, but the compiler isn't great at finding the common
trait among the c and b elements and chooses things like "Object"

Collaborative Task Management http://much4.us
Follow me: http://twitter.com/dpp
Git some: http://github.com/dpp