Hi Derek:

Sorry, I have no suggestion, but I can make the solution even harder,
because I think that the following requirement will be very common:

  The JPA classes should be usable from Java code, from non-liftweb
Scala code and,.of course, from Liftweb code (ideally, the JPA classes
shoudn't have any dependency on Liftweb classes or traits).

It was a requirement for my first (and only) real application that
used Liftweb, so you may consider it.

Sorry again!
Francois