So LiftConfig would take the role of LiftRules from API perspective
meaning that LiftRules could be completely hidden from Lift users but
available internally to Lift only ?

Still from maintainability perspective initializing LifRules with a
LiftConfig may imply lots of assignments (unless LiftRules will
reference a LiftConfig in which case LiftRules code needs to change to
use LiftConfig) or when we'd want to expose some new stuff we'd have
to add it in two different places LiftConfig toexpose it to users and
LiftRules so that Lift code to use that.

Otherwise not a bad idea ...

Br's,
Marius