Folks,

I've found and squashed a bunch of memory retention issues in the Lift comet
stuff (and added the garbage collection for functions.)

I've tested the fixes against the live http://demo.liftweb.net and there has
been no memory growth (except in Derby, but that's not Lift's problem) for
24 hours.

I've been using YouKit ( http://yourkit.com/ ) to profile that application.
I've gotta say that YourKit is awesome, even for debugging remote code.  I'd
like to thank YourKit again for contributing licenses to the Lift
committers.

I've dialed the heap size for demo.liftweb.net from 1GB to 192M.  In
practice, the actual heap size for the site never grew beyond about 10MB.

Thanks,

David

PS -- Yes, my confidence about making 1.0 on 2/26 is very high.

Git some: http://github.com/dpp