Hi,
I know its not exactly a lift specific problem, but

I create a lift project using
mvn archetype:generate -U -DarchetypeGroupId=net.liftweb
-DarchetypeArtifactId=lift-archetype-blank -DarchetypeVersion=0.10
-DremoteRepositories=http://scala-tools.org/repo-releases
-DgroupId=demo.helloworld -DartifactId=helloworld
-Dversion=1.0-SNAPSHOT

This creates a pom.xml with 2.7.3 as the version of Scala - Everything
appears fine.
I add a variable that uses an Enumeration and use the new valueOf method.

When I open the project in netbeans, it says the valueOf method doesnt
exist, but when I do a mvn clean build, everything is happy
When I extend an Enumeration and define a valueOf method (without
overriding it) maven fails at the test stage, saying I need to
override
When I override the valueOf method, maven fails at the compilation
stage, saying valueOf is not defined in the parent

Any ideas what the maven scala plugin is doing?

cheers
Oliver