Jon,

I didn't write the installer (perhaps Tim will chime in), but the challenge
to using Lift on Mac OS X is that OS X installs Maven 2.0.8 by default and
2.0.9 is required for the Maven-Scala plugin and Lift.  I believe that the
installer simply installs Maven 2.0.9 and makes sure that this is the
version of Maven that is the default for the system.

Thanks,

David

Git some: http://github.com/dpp