That would make sense but the format string is "MM/dd/yyyy, hh:mm a".
My initial question, although not asked correctly, came from looking
through the code and seeing the DateExtension class in TimeHelpers.
It states "This class adds a noTime method the Date class, in order to
get at Date object starting at 00:00" and it is created by an implicit
conversion.  However, I couldn't see where the implicit converison
would be invoked and didn't know if that was the expected behavior.  I
don't know that the parse/format on the Java side of things is not
causing the issue, so I will look into that further.