Running mvn -o clean install, I get:
 27:04 on my old desktop (1Ghz Sempron 3100, 2gb, software raid 1)
 6:59 on my new laptop (Core2 Duo CPU 9550 2.66Ghz, 4gb, software raid 1)
 4:41 on my new desktop (3Ghz Core2 Quad 9650, 8gb, hardware raid 10)

(I ran mvn clean install first to make sure I had all the artifacts
downloaded.)

Anybody tried a parallel version of maven?

Lee