Hey Jorge,

Im not sure I 100% follow what your saying - are you proposing
creating a widget that actually has a shortening algorithm? IMO, isnt
it better to not re-invent the wheel and use an existing service?
(take advantage of their short domain names etc)

What are your thoughts on the blocking vs non-blocking thing?

Cheers, Tim