On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 12:53 AM, Atsuhiko Yamanaka <
atsuhiko.yaman...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 10:03 PM, David Pollak
> <feeder.of.the.be...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
> > I'd like to kiss you (but my wife might get upset)
> > Next time you come to the Bay Area, I will buy you lunch or dinner!
>
> If I get an opportunity to be there in the future, I'll want to enjoy
> lunch with you!

Cool.

> > Here is a fork of liftweb source code to run lift-example on GAE/J,
> >  http://github.com/ymnk/liftweb/tree/master
>
> It seems that JDBC API must not have be forbidden on GAE/J .
> I have succeeded to use H2 mem db by updating to its latest version[1] and
> now DB functionalities have worked on
>   http://lift-example.appspot.com/index
>
> However, it is not adequate for the practical usages, of course.
> FYI, I found an interesting message[2] about a plan to implement
> "JDBC to com.google.appengine.api.datastore wrapper"

GAE supports JPA and there's a lot of Lift JPA support... so maybe we can
update the example code to use JPA and we'll have persistence via BigTable.

In terms of Comet support (which relies on Actor support), I've got some
ideas on how to make the Actors always use the current thread which will
mean no spawning threads.  We'll also have to set the default Comet timeout
to 25 seconds as to not violate the GAE 30 second max request rule.

Fun stuff to do next week.

Thanks!

David

Git some: http://github.com/dpp