Since Scala is a dialect of Java, and Lift is an extension of that, I
went the Netbeans route because NB is basically part of Java, and I am
happy so far:

- Netbeans is quicker to load than Eclipse, and doesn't create all
those zillions of files behind;
- Netbeams handles all the moving parts well, and Maven is happy;
- Lift and Scala are not that complex that you need any heavy lifting
for debugging (I have found) - it's mostly learning the Lift magic
about how to make the Derby db, Jetty, and Maven all work together.

I agree Eclipse has some nice features, but the light weight of
Netbeans tipped the scales for me...

Programming is fun again, thanks to Lift!