Browsers do not make any distinction between tabs or new windows.
Currently if you have 2 or more tabs, essentially Lift is getting
multiple Comet requests per same session it will respond immediately
to the browser to avoid connection starvation.

The problem with your use-case is that server simply gets the same
session ID and can not tell the difference between on tab or another.
We do have a unique page ID so different tab suppose to have
distinguished page ID-s but I don't think this will help a whole lot.
CometActors being asynchronous components when processing a message
(comming from other actors potentially) it can not tell to which page
the COMET response will be served.

Br's,
Marius