When I want to have user defined types, I have to write them as a Hibernate
hack to JPA - Id rather not be wedded to Hibernate.When I get a collection
out of a returned entity, I have to use JCL to wrap it. I'd rather, have
everything in Scala collections.
When I have a read only entity, I'd like it to be immutable. In fact, maybe
all entities should be, but thats probably too hard.
I'm just taking about the lower layer of JPA that Derek's stuff hooks into -
its OK for Java, it kind of sucks for Scala.

Just my thoughts, don't expect anyone to agree.

cheers
Oliver