So your saying you want a one to many join:

1 school has many subjects?

You can of course do this with mapper, by default mapper is not a black box
full of magic like, say, Ruby's active record, so you need to fit some of
the convenience method plumbing yourself if you need it.

Assuming you adding a "subjects" method to the School class, you could do
something like:

val subjects: List[Subject]  = School.find(1234).subjects

Likewise, if you had a subject you could do something like:

val school: School = subject.school.obj

The latter is provided as a convenience by default. The former is not.

Does that help?

Cheers, Tim