Hello,

This is my first post here and actually my first Scala program. While
learning Lift and Scala and trying to choose the right editor to use i
developed what i think can be useful tool in Scala development. This
plugin embeds the Scala compiler and reuses it for compilation without
executing external program. On my MacBook Pro compilation times
dropped from 3-5 seconds to 500 ms.
This is first release, seems to work fine but i suspect unexpected
bugs or other things, please, feel free to report.

Just download plugin and put it into jEdit jars/ directory. Once
installed, it uses Console BeanShell UI for executing the compiler. Go
to menu Plugins|Console|Compile current buffer.. and choose scala
compiler.
It also installs Scala syntax and edit mode. It also supports
recursive source file and jar discovery and automatically appends them
to classpath and file list.

ftp://ftp.crystalballinc.com/pub/vlad/ScalacPlugin.jar

Source code is available from http://www.crystalballinc.com/vlad/software/

Im working on adding it into plugin central for jEdit.