This is the thing. I don't suspect I'll ever be developing something
that needs a Jabber client (that's what it looks like 'smack' is) so I
don't really want to have the code on my disc (it's not the space,
it's the principle; how large will the repositories eventually get?).
At the same time I don't want to be out of sync with things I do
want...

Or, being a pom file, is it only the Maven configuration for said
packages? Perhaps I'll just familiarise myself with Maven...

Joe