I know you are looking for a working Eclipse configuration, but I have
had great success and stability with

IntelliJ IDEA 8.1.2
Scala 2.7.4
The Scala plugin for IDEA
Lift 1.0

I can do "mvn jetty:run" from the IDE and what is really cool is that
I can set breakpoints and debug the "mvn jetty:run" target from IDEA
and then explore the scala code.

Just thought I will post version numbers of a working environment.

Regards

Rudi