Although it's not in the docs, they do have a Lift 1.0 template that's at:
http://stax-downloads.s3.amazonaws.com/app-templates/0.3/lift-1.0.zip

This is normally downloaded automatically by their SDK, but you can download
it directly if you want to see what's in it without installing the SDK.

I don't see any reason that one couldn't make a new Maven archetype that is
Stax compatible.

However, it appears that, currently, you are required to use their SDK to
deploy apps. This was intentional on their part as they were worried users
would be turned off if they tried to load existing apps and had problems
with them, since there are certain limitations. There are problems with
Grails apps at the moment because it has it's own build system that
conflicts with Stax's SDK and they are working on an API that would allow
using a separate build system that calls the Stax API for deployment. This
would probably allow for a Maven plugin to be built for deploying Stax apps.

There's more details in this post from their forum:
http://developer.stax.net/forum/topics/grails-help-me-and-i-can-help

I did install their SDK and from what I can tell it's basically some Groovy
scripts that use Ant + Ivy.

Tim