The console is basically a text box for executing SQL. But how can I tell if my
IDs are PKs? I inserted some rows exported from MySQL containing ids and ended
up with a duplicate id of something I already had. So what went wrong? Lift
generated the tables from my Mapper.

-------------------------------------
Tim Nelson<tnell...@gmail.com> wrote:

H2 has a great console servlet that you can use to connect to any jdbc
compliant database and I just figured out how to configure it to work with
lift.

Assuming you already have H2 as a dependency, just add a mapping to the
servlet in your web.xml. Mine looks like this:

<web-app>

  <filter>
    <filter-name>LiftFilter</filter-name>
    <display-name>Lift Filter</display-name>
    <description>The Filter that intercepts lift calls</description>
    <filter-class>net.liftweb.http.LiftFilter</filter-class>
  </filter>

  <filter-mapping>
    <filter-name>LiftFilter</filter-name>
    <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
  </filter-mapping>

  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>H2Console</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>org.h2.server.web.WebServlet</servlet-class>
    <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
  </servlet>
  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>H2Console</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/console/*</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

</web-app>

Then you need to add a rule to LiftRules.liftRequest using the following
line in boot:

LiftRules.liftRequest.append({case r if (r.path.partPath match {case
"console" :: _ => true case _ => false}) => false})

That basically allows all requests that start with "console" to be ignored
by lift and passed thru to the servlet.

I am actually using PostgreSQL, but I prefer using this to pgAdmin or other
SQL tools.

Tim