On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 12:13 PM, Channing Walton <channingwal...@mac.com>wrote:

> actually that example doesn't work in Opera, but does in safari and
> firefox. To see the problem in safari I had to modify the script like
> this:
>
> var geocoder = new GClientGeocoder();
> geocoder.getLatLng("london",doit);
>
> function doit(point) {
>  var s = JSON.stringify(point);
>  alert(s)
> }
>
> This does work in Firefox though, but my full version doesn't.
> Hopefully these examples will help a little. I am beginning to think I
> should just pass simple objects to the server via JSON.

In order to debug the problem, I need something that is fully running (e.g.,
fork http://github.com/dpp/lift_1_1_sample/tree/master and implement
something that demonstrates the problem).

The mechanism we are working on is passing the objects to the server via
JSON.  JSON.stringify is the JSON serializer and an JavaScript object must
be serialized to send to the server.

Git some: http://github.com/dpp