Myself and Viktor are two committers who do a lot of SOAP work - right now,
the best route forward it to use the Java JAX-WS code and call into it with
a scala wrapper - this is exactly what I do and it works perfectly.

Because there is toll free calling of Java code, there is little point in
porting such massive projects to Scala; just make a wrapper that suits your
needs.

In my environment I have about 40+ endpoints, with hundreds of methods so I
just made a scala wrapper that lets me do:

DriverManager.whateverdriver.myMethod(params) // Box[T]

IMO, that's a damn lot easier than calling a boat load of Java (of course
its doing the under the hood, but like I said, its just a wrapper).

HTH

Cheers, Tim