I don't think I used it to import projects, only to create them or add maven
support to them. It's possible that adding and removing natures isn't something
that would stick out in my memory, so I can't say whether I needed to or
thought that I wouldn't need to. After all if I was using GAE with scala I
wouldn't expect not to need two step to have two natures...

-------------------------------------
Miles Sabin<mi...@milessabin.com> wrote:

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 9:30 PM, Naftoli Gugenheim<naftoli...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I didn't see the ticket, but I use m2eclipse all the time. What
> problems is it accused of causing? :) I thought that the command line
> mvn eclipse:eclipse was dangerous because it changed metadata from outside
> eclipse!

See that ticket ... the JRE classpath container was missing from the
generated .classpath.

Presumably you fix up .project and/or .classpath file by hand after
importing a Scala project using m2eclipse?

Apparently m2eclipse would only create correct Eclipse metadata for a
Scala project if the Scala IDE implemented an m2eclipse-specific
extension point. I don't have time to do that, so unless someone else
steps up with a contribution I don't really have any other option than
to recommend using something else.

Cheers,

Miles

--