Thanks Dave,

I explored both of those routes.  The hidden field would allow me to
execute on the server, but not send back JS to execute on the client.
The ajaxButton would allow me to execute code on the client, but not
submit the form (unless I put the form serialize code in the
button?).  I wanted the JS code to vary depending on input from the
whole form submission.