Hi, sorry, not sure why I didn't see your message earlier. Strange... Has
anyone written any code to address this topic in the meantime? In case not,
here's all the code I've written for such purposes; tell me what you think.

def keepAttrs(elem: Elem) = (ns: NodeSeq) => BindHelpers.currentNode match {
case Full(inElem) => elem % inElem.attributes case other => elem } protected
class Keepable(elem: Elem) { def %% = keepAttrs(elem) } implicit def
elemToKeepable(elem: Elem): Keepable = new Keepable(elem) protected class
KeepBind(name: String) { val emptyFn: NodeSeq=>NodeSeq = _ => NodeSeq.Empty
import scala.xml.{Node, Text} import net.liftweb.util.Bindable def %>(in:
Elem) = FuncBindParam(name, keepAttrs(in)) def %>(in: Box[Elem]) =
FuncBindParam(name, in.map(keepAttrs) openOr emptyFn) def %>(in:
Option[Elem]) = FuncBindParam(name, in.map(keepAttrs) getOrElse emptyFn) }
implicit def strToKeepAssoc(name: String): KeepBind = new KeepBind(name)

keepAttrs could actually be implemented shorter:

elem currentNode.map(_.attributes).openOr(scala.xml.Null))

etc.