Hi Dorinel,

I had the same problem with Intellj 8.1.3 on mac osx.
In my case even though i had the Maven plugin installed, it wasn't
configured yet for some reason it never ask me to configure it.
As it turns out, the Maven settings are project specific. Configure
them like this:
File -> Template Settings -> search for maven -> click maven -> fill
out maven home dir, maven user settings, and maven repository.

To do the same for only one project go to settings instead of Template
Settings.