Ah, IE7 seems to be confused about the character encoding of the
page.  When the encoding is set to "Auto Select" it chooses "Western
European (Windows)" and the © displays as  ©.  If I turn off "Auto
Select" and manually set to "Unicode (UTF-8)" it displays correctly.

I have LiftRules.early.append(makeUtf8) in Boot.  And the page
includes "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>"

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jon