when i knew the 1.1 M5 has been published, i updated the pom.xml of my
liftapp project and recomplie it. And i got an error about CRUDify:
self-type com.thesamegoal.simpleforum.model.Forum does not conform to
net.liftweb.mapper.CRUDify
[Long,com.thesamegoal.simpleforum.model.Forum]'s selftype
net.liftweb.mapper.CRUDify
[Long,com.thesamegoal.simpleforum.model.Forum] with
com.thesamegoal.simpleforum.model.Forum with
net.liftweb.mapper.KeyedMetaMapper
[Long,com.thesamegoal.simpleforum.model.Forum]

my Forum class was defined like this:
package com.thesamegoal.simpleforum.model
class Forum extends LongKeyedMapper[Forum] with IdPK with CRUDify
[Long, Forum] {

so i check the lift framework framework, in 1.0 version, CRUDify is
defined like this:
trait CRUDify[KeyType, CrudType <: KeyedMapper[KeyType, CrudType]]
extends KeyedMetaMapper[KeyType, CrudType] {
  self: CrudType =>
and 1.1 CRUDify is like this:
trait CRUDify[KeyType, CrudType <: KeyedMapper[KeyType, CrudType]] {
  self: CrudType with KeyedMetaMapper[KeyType, CrudType] =>

this change forced me to modify my Forum class to this:
class Forum extends LongKeyedMapper[Forum] with IdPK with
LongKeyedMetaMapper[forum] with CRUDify[Long, Forum]
and got the compile process succeed.

but why lift version 1.1 make this change? i feel that old fashion
defining model class with CRUDify trait is more comfortable and
reasonable, it's simple and intuitive