I will try, G-d willing, to commit code today that allows you to "bindSwitch"
-- that is, you give it a list of nodes, one of which is bound; and the others
are replaced with NodeSeq.Empty. I used it in a view that had several parts
that depend on the state. E.g., if you have not selected a client you see a
search box with a button that either chooses a client if there's 1  result, or
taked you to a search page. Once a client is selected, you see the clients info
with a hyperlink to edit his info, and a button to unselect the client.
So you could also use it for wizards. But there's also lift-wizard, which is a
work in progress and may be more than what you need; I haven't looked at it
myself. But my understanding is that there are usable pieces, it just needs to
be polished and tied together.

-------------------------------------
Josh Suereth<joshua.suer...@gmail.com> wrote:

All,

I write to you (unfortunately still) as a lift n00b.  I'm trying to modify a
form such that it looks more "wizard" like.  i.e.  I want it to specifically
state "You've completed part 1, you're on step 2 of 5", etc.

How should I accomplish this in view-first rendering?  Normal MVC, I'd make
one controll that redirects you to the appropriate wizard screen depending
on what steps have already been accomplished (i.e. the controller figures
out which step you're on and sends you to the appropraite view".

In Lift, I'm thinking I have a few options:

1) Have my stateful snippet actually return the various pages in code.  I'm
not happy with this, as my view would reside in the controller, but I could
git'r'done this way.

2) Attempt to learn the lift-wizard library (is this stable/released?)

3) Spend more time trying to be inventive.

Anyone have any thoughts?

- Josh