Hey Lifters,

Simple problem, but kind of difficult solution:

I've a foreign key field, e.g. myField. I want to get the id of the field.

So I wrote a method inside the class:

def getMyFieldId = myField.obj.map(_.id.is) openOr 0L

IDs always start with one, right?

But I get zero back! Why? I definitely know that this foreign key
exists, because I can print another field value from the foreign key
object inside some form...? That doesn't make any sense to me.

thanks and sorry for always asking the same questions.