For the large part, I agree, the level of questions even I know is
geingt a bit too much, and the amount of patience you all use
answering them even though you know you just answered that a week ago
is commendable. That said you commiters don't have time to waste
answering those questions, that's what we are for :) and it is
happening. There are people here that are not commiters that are
answering those questions and others. I've been a lurker here for over
a year and even I am answering an occasional answer.

Maybe writing what you understand into the Wiki should be promoted
more, mention it on the title pages of lift, maybe even bring in a
commiter or two in with the express idea they are working on the Docs/
wiki. Bring in some support crew so the commiters only have to worry
about committing :)