On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 7:28 AM, GA <my_li...@me.com> wrote:

> Why is it getting the 2.7.1 version in first place? The pom.xml is created
> by maven from the archetype and repository right?

It seems that you created your project against the Lift 1.0 archetype and
are try to upgrade it to 1.1-X.  Lift 1.0 used Scala 2.7.1.

> Is it perhaps some environment setup that I have or I should have?

No.  You are making this much more complex than it needs to be.  You can
either:

   - Create a new basic project against the 1.1-SNAPSHOT
   - Update the pom.xml file for your existing project to set the Scala
   version to 2.7.5 and the Lift version to 1.1-SNAPSHOT (or 1.1-M6 if you do
   not want to include the snapshots repository in your <repositories> tag)

> [...]
>>
>>   Then, install it using the command:
>>       mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=net.liftweb
>> -DartifactId=lift-mapper -Dversion=1.1-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar
>> -Dfile=/path/to/file
>>
>>   Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file
>> there:
>>       mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=net.liftweb
>> -DartifactId=lift-mapper -Dversion=1.1-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar
>> -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]
>>
>>   Path to dependency:
>>    1) com.tribes.ga:gaTribesServer1:war:1.1-SNAPSHOT
>>    2) net.liftweb:lift-mapper:jar:1.1-SNAPSHOT
>>
>> ----------
>> 1 required artifact is missing.
>>

>> It is very strange. It was working before without problems. Any ideas?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> GA
>>

>> On Oct 16, 2009, at 11:09 AM, Timothy Perrett wrote:
>>
>> Just remove ~/.m2
>>
>> The next time you make a maven call it'll then download all the new JAR
>> files.
>>
>> Cheers, Tim
>>
>> On 16 Oct 2009, at 09:35, GA wrote:
>>
>> Is there any way to reset maven's repository? I think there is something
>> corrupt because the behavior is really strange. I think this is the cause of
>> my error.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>

>> On Oct 15, 2009, at 5:52 PM, GA wrote:
>>
>> It is strange. I do not have the entries that you are saying in the
>> pom.xml file, but I do not have them in the 1.0 neither. I have also created
>> a project with archetype-basic and I have having the same error. This is the
>> command I am using to create the project. Is it ok?
>>
>> mvn archetype:generate -U -DarchetypeGroupId=net.liftweb
>> -DarchetypeArtifactId=lift-archetype-basic -Dversion=1.1-SNAPSHOT
>> -DremoteRepositories=http://scala-tools.org/repo-snapshots -DgroupId=
>> com.tribes.ga -DartifactId=gaTribesServer-d0.1.1
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> GA
>>

>> On Oct 15, 2009, at 5:35 PM, David Pollak wrote:
>>
>> I'm not sure what's going on.  This code worked for me in a brand new
>> archetype-basic 1.1-SNAPSHOT project.
>> Please make sure the following entry is in your pom.xml file:
>>

>>     <dependency>
>>       <groupId>net.liftweb</groupId>
>>       <artifactId>lift-mapper</artifactId>
>>       <version>1.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
>>     </dependency>
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> David
>>
>> On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 8:27 AM, GA <my_li...@me.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Here you have the complete model file.
>>>
>>> It is just a test class. The error I have is "Not found: Type IdPK". I
>>> get it when I try to compile the file. Also NetBeans is showing the error.
>>> The same file was working fine in Lift 1.0.
>>>
>>> I have created a new project based on the Lift snapshot 1.1
>>> "archetype-blank" and then copied all my files from the previous project.
>>> The original 1.0 project was created with the "archetype-basic", could this

>>> import mapper._
>>> import util._
>>> import scala.xml.{NodeSeq,Text}
>>> import _root_.java.text.{DateFormat,SimpleDateFormat}
>>>
>>> class Person extends LongKeyedMapper[Person] with IdPK {
>>>     def getSingleton = Person
>>>
>>>     object userName extends MappedString(this, 30)
>>>     object password extends MappedString(this, 30)
>>>     object firstName extends MappedString(this, 30)
>>>     object lastName extends MappedString(this, 30)
>>>     object email extends MappedString(this, 255)
>>>     object deviceName extends MappedString(this, 30)
>>>     object createdOn extends MappedDateTime(this)
>>>     object updatedOn extends MappedDateTime(this)
>>>     object createdBy extends MappedString(this, 25)
>>>     object updatedBy extends MappedString(this, 25)
>>>
>>>     def toXML: NodeSeq = {
>>>         val id = "http://www.gatribes.com/api/expense/"; + this.id
>>>         val formatter = new  SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss'Z'")
>>>
>>>         <person>
>>>             <id>{id}</id>
>>>             <accountname>{getUserName(userName.is)}</accountname>
>>>             <firstName>{firstName.is}</firstName>
>>>             <lastName>{lastName.is}</lastName>
>>>         </person>
>>>     }
>>>
>>>     private def getUserName(userName: String): String = {
>>>         Person.find(By(Person.userName, userName)) match {
>>>             case Full(a) => a.userName
>>>             case _ => "No Account Name"
>>>         }
>>>     }
>>>

>>> }
>>>
>>> object Person extends Person with LongKeyedMetaMapper[Person]
>>>

>>> On Oct 15, 2009, at 5:04 PM, David Pollak wrote:
>>>
>>> Can you post an example (complete file) of something's not working?

>>> --
>>> Lift, the simply functional web framework http://liftweb.net
>>> Beginning Scala http://www.apress.com/book/view/1430219890
>>> Follow me: http://twitter.com/dpp