Here's a snippet:

object parentOrganization extends SessionVar[Box[Organization]](Empty)

  def create(xhtml: NodeSeq): NodeSeq = {
    var name: String = ""
    def processAdd() = {
      if (name.isEmpty)
        S.error("Please provide a name")
      else {
        val organization = new Organization()
        organization.setName(name)
        organization.addPartyRole(new ParentOrganization());
        organization.addPartyRole(new InternalOrganization());
        Model.em.getTransaction().begin();
        Model.em.persist(organization)
        Model.em.getTransaction().commit();

//Now that I've got the parent organization, and it's going to be heavily
used and modified, I'd like easy access to it. So how do I set it?
        parentOrganization(organization)

Then once I've set it I should be able to do something like:
org match {
  case Empty=>S.redirectTo("/eeek")
  case Full => full.is.getName() //To access the underlying organizatino
object I think
}

I think.... but it's not working like I thought.  If someone could give the
right code, and an explanation of what's going on, I'd appreciate it!

--
James A Barrows