the following error was the result of a bug in my app: i had an
element (<queries:service/>) in the template which I had forgotten to
bind in the snippet

>This page contains the following errors:
>error on line 18 at column 48: Namespace prefix queries on service is not
>defined

in a big red box

first, there is no "line 18" in the template, and "line 18" in my
source code is a blank line, so I couldn't tell which line (let alone
which column column) it was referring to. and since the error appeared
in the webpage (rather than, say Console), i expected it referred to
line 18 in the template, but in fact my error was in the code.

second, the error would be more informative if it said something along
the lines of:

>..... : Namespace prefix 'queries' on 'service'  in template "index.html" was
>not bound
or even

>..... : <queries:service> in template "index.html' was not bound

thanks, bob