I have an ExtJS form that it failing in IE7 Standards mode (works fine
on IE8 or in quirks mode on IE7). I don't want to force quirks mode on
all browsers or serve the form improperly. I read that inserting a
comment between the XML processing tag and the DOCTYPE declaration will
force IE7 to quirks mode and leave all other browsers alone.

Anyone know an easy way to do this in Lift? I know we can respond to
individual browsers (though I can't seem to find that on the list), but
how to insert that comment? Or is there a better way?

Chas.