Hi all,

this may be somewhat outdated but I spent some time to figure out how
to specify different properties with java-properties files:

The doc at http://scala-tools.org/scaladocs/liftweb/1.0/ says, that
the filename should be somewhat of this:

 modeName.hostName.userName.filename.extension

But (after hours of renaming files under src/main/resources/ and src/
main/resources/props I finally looked at the code in Props.scala and
saw this:

# val toTry: List[() => String] = List(
#                  () => "/props/" + modeName + userName + hostName,
#                            () => "/props/" + modeName + userName,
#                            () => "/props/" + modeName + hostName,
#                  () => "/props/" + modeName + "default.",
#                            () => "/" + modeName + userName +
hostName,
#                            () => "/" + modeName + userName,
#                            () => "/" + modeName + hostName,
#                  () => "/" + modeName + "default.")

As for my understanding (just beginning with scala and lift) it works
just the other ways as the docs suggest:

(bumblebee == hostName, dave == userName and kpo == fileName)

doesn't work:
  production.bumblebee.dave.kpo.props

works:
  production.dave.bumblee.props

I didn't test all combinations and all places, but it would be great
if someone could confirm this (or - indeed - guide me in the correct
direction for the case missed something)

Cornelius

PS.: Nice idea for implementing this kind of run.mode-switching...
help alot