On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 5:48 AM, george <geo...@mattandgeorge.com> wrote:

> I'm using MegaProtoUser which has a MappedPassword field.
>
> When the sign up form is displayed, the password field is pre-
> populated to '*******' which is proving very confusing for some users.

The reason for the design is that all MappedPasswords in Lift contain a
password.  It's just that it's not possible to recover the password (it's
1-way hashed).

> I would like to display the password field as a completely empty
> field, but I can not see a way to override this behavior.

You can change the _toForm method and as Derek suggested, we'll add a flag
to change the behavior.

> MegaProtoUser is mostly suiting my needs pretty well right now, so I
> am reluctant to roll my own for the sake of such a small detail.

Once the issues with Structural Types (see Scala defect 1006) go away (as in
Scala 2.8), we'll change MegaProtoUser to support changing the mapped
fields, but right now, you're kinda stuck.

Sorry.

David

> Does anyone have any ideas how I can achieve this?
>
> thanks
>
> george

Surf the harmonics