It doesn't work too.

   The error message is the same as before :
###
object creation impossible, since method testWasSet in trait
AnyVarTrait of type (String)Boolean is not defined
  object currentItemVar extends RequestVar[Item]({
###

  What is the testWasSet in trait AnyVarTrait  ... ?

  I use the RequestVar to save the item that will be edited in the
edit page.

Cheers,
  Neil