I share Chris's sentiment.  The 2.7.x eclipse plugin has been unusably
unstable in my experience.

My current dev setup: text editor with syntax highlighting and two
terminals running sbt
term one: sbt, then ~prepare-webapp (continuous compilation and
deployment)
term two: sbt-rebel jetty (start jetty and dynamically reload classes
with java rebel)

my sbt-rebel script looks like:

java -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -noverify -
javaagent:/path/to/jrebel.jar -Xmx512m -jar ~/bin/sbt-launcher.jar
"$@"

get sbt: http://code.google.com/p/simple-build-tool/wiki/Setup
create project:
http://code.google.com/p/simple-build-tool/wiki/WebApplicationExample