Say we have a "Poll" object  with an "owner" field that's CRUDified.

For urls such as:

/polls/view/41

How would I restrict access to the user who matches the "owner" field.

1. Would I do this through SiteMap? How would I test the currentUser
against the object?
2. Or would I allow access on Sitemap, and then control whether or not
it's displayed in the Snippet itself?

The second method seems to be the obvious one - but then I'm placing
access control in two places - both SiteMap and the view.

Let me know I'm missing something.