David,

I read harry's other email with interest - and thinking about it, it seems this
style of implementation differs quite significantly from S.skipDocType. It
strikes me that a LiftRules configuration is our usual idiom; is there a reason
that S.skipDocType falls out of this?

One way or another I think we ought to make these API's similar as they are
fairly close in terms of likely use cases.

Cheers, Tim