Hi,

I'm considering building a web application with my software
engineering group in Lift.
However when I started with lift I was surprised that I received a
whole log in / sign up website by
just using the MegaProtoUser.
This was at first sight fun, but I started wondering (and I'm pretty
sure my professor will say the same): "Do I really know what I just
did?".

So I decided to try and rebuild the Log in / Sign up thing from
scratch by using my own plain objects.
Ive been working on that for 2 days and It's been soooo frustrating.

I've been reading the lift book... Tutorials.. but all of them start
with the MegaProtoUser.
In 1.5 days time I only managed to make an index (signup) page with a
username/password field and a button which then redirects to a new
page.

Let me tell you in advance, I am totally new to Web developing.

Problems I have right now:
   - I have no idea if my code actually created a User in my database
and I have no idea how to check it...
   - I have no idea how to "log in" a user. I saw code in the sample
programs that compare the current logged in user with other users by
using a select statement. However retrieving the current user is based
upon the MegaProtoUser. I wonder how this is done behind my back since
I have no idea how to keep a variable of a 'logged in user' which
stays active across all pages..

Because of these problems I thought it might be useful to see the
source code of the classes..
Is it possible to see the scala source code of these classes?

Thanks,
itsjar